Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Final Thoughts on WebQuests

I just finished up my WebQuest after much time and effort. I thought that planning the assignment was interesting, but I was not happy about having to build it into a WebQuest when I first started. I encountered a lot of problems while working in QuestGarden. At one point, just days away from the deadline, I lost all of my work and information! I struggled to create links and upload pictures, and the formatting in QuestGarden was like nothing I had ever seen. Though I complained my way through this project, I actually feel that I am walking away from it with a lot of knowledge and valuable experience. This was the first time I had ever done a web-based project. I am starting to feel more comfortable working with computers and the internet. I probably won't make WebQuests a regular part of my lesson planning, in fact I most likely will never make one again, but at least now I know how to! If anyone is interested in checking out my finished WebQuest, visit http://questgarden.com/76/35/6/090215112734.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience and WebQuest.

    Your final project was amazing.

    I will be sharing the others soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I struggled to create links and upload pictures, and the formatting in QuestGarden was like nothing I had ever seen"

    I agree, I think the setup on QuestGarden could have been better. It took time to figure out how to do simple things like add links and upload pictures. Some of this probably had to do with me being unfamiliar with it, but I thought it could have been more user friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I had some difficulties and lots of frustrations through this process. "Simple" copying and pasting was not so simple. I never did quite master uploading pictures. I think playing around with it and becoming more familiar with the site would definitely help in the future.

    I wouldn't want to scratch it off completely because as time passes, you try it, and become more familiar with it, you may come to enjoy having your kids doing such assignments. And they may enjoy it as well. Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete